I had a ton of salad dressing left over from yesterday’s lunch so I wondered what else I could do with it besides just make another salad. I guess I kind of made another salad, but this time a pasta salad. It seemed like a good dressing alternative to plain ol’ oil and vinegar and certainly better than mayo.
1 cup pasta, cooked (I used tri-color rotini. Because it’s fun)
1/2 cup broccoli florets (I used frozen)
goat cheese crumbles
sliced chicken breast (I used sliced lunch meat so turkey or ham can be substituted, or chunks of grilled chicken would work well too)
1/4 cup cannolini beans (I just opened a can and spooned some beans out)
1. Boil pasta. About 1/2 way through I added the frozen broccoli florets to the boiling pasta water.
2. If you haven’t made the vinaigrette yet, make the vinaigrette while the pasta and broccoli cook.
3. Drain pasta and broccoli and run under cool water to cool down so the pasta and broccoli aren’t too hot to be pasta salad.
4. Add whatever other ingredients you want, in my case cheese, meat, and beans.
5. Dress salad, mix up, and enjoy!